Skip to main content

City of Sanctuary cannot provide any legal advice, or recommendations for legal help for immigration.

If you need information, advice or guidance with an immigration matter for yourself or someone else, we recommend you contact Asylum Help, part of the Migrant Help organisation

You can also search for a Legal Aid immigration adviser via the government website .


See also the section on ‘Supporting children seeking sanctuary’ on our Schools resources page.

Welcome – Refugee Council guide to claiming asylum as a separated child in the UK.

Refugee Council ‘Asylum Process Map’ for separated children.

‘Surviving to Thriving’ Impact Report 2019

‘A Refugee and then…’: Participatory Assessment of the Reception and Early Integration of unaccompanied Refugee Children in the UK – UNHCR Report (Aug 2019)