Disclaimer: The information provided in this section is intended for guidance only. It is not a substitute for professional advice and we cannot accept any responsibility for loss occasioned as a result of any person acting or refraining from acting upon it.
Many groups function with little or no funds.
Other groups need funds in order to carry out their activities. It is a good idea to think about whether you need funding in order to do what you want to do and how much you will need. Then you can create a fundraising strategy, which may involve:
- Grant applications to charitable trusts
- Approaching organisations and individuals for donations
- Having a ‘Donate’ button on your website
- Holding fundraising events or sponsorship fundraisers
- Using tools such as ‘Easyfundraising’ or ‘Give as you live’ to raise small amounts
Stay in touch with your local CVS or Voluntary Advice Centre as their newsletter may contain local funding opportunities.
Fundraising resources from NCVO
Funding Central includes a searchable database of funders