A launch meeting for a network of universities in the North of England and Yorkshire that want to make their university more welcoming for students seeking sanctuary, collaborate and share best practice in HE.
This regional network will be:
- An opportunity for universities in a similar region, working towards similar goals, to meet and share information and best practice on a regular basis.
- An opportunity for universities working towards becoming a University of Sanctuary to share their experiences.
- Find common solutions and opportunities or overcome challenges regarding sanctuary work.
- A chance to learn from awarded universities about their experiences and journey.
- A way to connect similar departments at different universities together e.g. English language centres, admissions, library staff, widening access, etc. to meet.