Setting up a group
- Read through our Core Principles and the broad approach we ask of groups detailed under Becoming a City, Town or Area of Sanctuary Group
- It’s a good idea to check if there’s a local group in a town or city near you. You can do that here – Local groups. You may want to contact them to find out how they do things.
- If you are in an area which has not had refugees before (maybe a rural or non-dispersal area), here are some ideas
- Contact the Coordinator for your area here to discuss setting up your group.
- There is national support available for your group – What the National City of Sanctuary will do for Local Groups.
Registering your group
- Fill out the form on the page Becoming a City, Town or Area of Sanctuary Group and return it to us with your contact details showing that you are broadly in tune with our aims and values.
- You can create a website and set up email address for your group. We provide tools and training to help you with this, so do not worry if you haven’t got any any experience in this. Please get in touch with your closet coordinator, who will help you get started
- There are some useful resources here – Resources – about running successful meetings and for raising awareness in your community. You can use some of the templates in the Templates section of the Resources page for your materials – including template logos, constitution, text for resolution of support etc.
- You may like to look at Funding and Constitution
- Here is a PowerPoint Brief overview for New Groups