Setting up a group
- Read through our Core Principles and the broad approach we ask of groups detailed under Becoming a City, Town or Area of Sanctuary Group
- It’s a good idea to check if there’s a local group in a town or city near you. You can do that here – Local groups. You may want to contact them to find out how they do things.
- If you are in an area which has not had refugees before (maybe a rural or non-dispersal area), here are some ideas
- Contact the National Coordinator Tiffy Allen via [email protected] to discuss setting up your group.
- There is national support available for your group – What the National City of Sanctuary will do for Local Groups.
Registering your group
- Fill out the form on the page Becoming a City, Town or Area of Sanctuary Group and return it to us with your contact details showing that you are broadly in tune with our aims and values.
- Set up a page for your group on the City of Sanctuary website so you can tell people about what the great work you’re doing and attract new supporters – Set up a website.
- There are some useful resources here – Resources – about running successful meetings and for raising awareness in your community. You can use some of the templates in the Templates section of the Resources page for your materials – including template logos, constitution, text for resolution of support etc.
- You may like to look at Funding and Constitution
- You can also request a City of Sanctuary email address so that people can contact your group – Request an email address
- Here is a PowerPoint Brief overview for New Groups