Please see message below from Interfaith Glasgow about their upcoming event:
Sunday 19th April 2020, 2 – 4pm BST, An Online Event via Zoom
Religious communities are facing particular challenges during COVID-19 as they can’t meet at a time when they are in special need of the solace and support they get from their communities. Many are exploring innovative ways of maintaining these connections, mainly online, while others may be struggling to know where to start. There are also many – particularly older people – who are not online and so other methods may need to be devised to help them feel connected.
At this online dialogue event, you’ll hear from diverse community leaders from Glasgow, London and New York sharing about how they are responding to these challenges. We’ll also try out using Zoom’s “break out rooms” so you can meet our speakers and other participants in a small group and share your own ideas and experiences.
- Koshin Paley Ellison, Robert Chodo Campbell, co-founders of the New York Zen Center for Contemplative Care
- Rev. Jonathan Fleming, minister of St John’s Parish Church, Largs
- Acharyaji Mishra is a priest at the Hindu Mandir Glasgow
- Fiona Frank from SCoJeC (Scottish Council of Jewish Communities)
- Imam Is’Haaq Jasat from National Huffadh Association UK
Please click this link to register via EventBrite and you will be sent the Zoom link and password via e-mail shortly before the event.
You do not need to download Zoom or have an account – simply click on the link we send you and put in the password.