Hours: 21 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 pro rata
Holiday entitlement: 28 days plus 8 statutory Bank holidays, pro rata
Based: Location Flexible
About City of Sanctuary
City of Sanctuary UK is a network and part of a wider movement committed to building a culture of hospitality and welcome, especially for refugees seeking sanctuary from war and persecution. The City of Sanctuary UK organisation supports a network of local groups includes boroughs, towns and cities across the UK; all committed to building this culture of welcome across every sphere of society. Wherever refugees go, we want them to feel safe and find people who will welcome them.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
To increase the reach and impact of City of Sanctuary’s profile through the delivery of high value communications in order to:
• Promote the City of Sanctuary vision of welcome
• Contribute to building a movement of welcome for people seeking sanctuary across the UK.
The successful candidate will be expected to:-
1. Develop and lead the implementation of a communication strategy;
2. Develop and deliver creative communication plans and approaches for specific City of Sanctuary work;
3. Build communications capacity across the City of Sanctuary network by working with local groups to provide training and support to engage local media in good news stories;
4. Manage a small communication team across multiple locations.
Please return completed application form by email to: [email protected]
Closing date – 3rd September at 5pm
Interviews will be held in Bristol on 20th September (Travel expenses will be covered)