Skip to main content


Medicines, dental and eye care
Some services including medicines, dental and eye care are normally not free in the UK. But if you have a certificate called HC2, you can get them for free. You will need to complete HC1 form to apply for this HC2 certificate.
Jobcentres, GPs and hospitals can provide this HC1 form. You can get more information in different languages here.
It usually takes one month for a new certificate to arrive. HC2 certificate is usually valid for 6 months, so you might need to reapply for this.

Learn My Way has resources on health and wellbeing, including how to make doctors appointments online, order repeat prescriptions and find advice on specific health conditions.

Please see the Health Stream Resources page for information about healthcare charging and entitlements and how to access advice.